The Easiest Way to Relocate to Canada for School


Relocating to another country can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be hard. In fact, if you’re relocating to Canada for school, the process is easier than you might think! To make sure your relocation goes as smoothly as possible, check out these tips on how to relocate to Canada for school.

Choosing your school

If you are not from a country where English is your native language, finding an accredited school in Canada that offers courses taught in English can be challenging. While some public institutions might offer limited access for non-Canadian citizens and permanent residents, many post-secondary institutions will have specific programs that cater to students outside of their own country’s borders. Additionally, since tuition rates vary greatly between schools—and even between different areas of studies within a single school—you should research all your options before making a decision. The Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) provides a helpful list of Canadian educational institutions on its website. You can also find out more about studying in Canada by contacting local embassies or consulates

2) Getting a study permit

READ MORE>>>5 Tips For Securing A Canadian Visa From Home

READ MORE>>>The Dos and Don’ts of Studying Abroad

If you want to study in Canada, you’ll need a study permit. The easiest way is by applying directly through CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada). Your educational institution can help guide you through that process. There are three main steps: getting accepted into a Canadian school, applying for your study permit, and then entering Canada with your study permit. This page on CIC will tell you everything you need to know about getting accepted and issued a study permit. It also provides links to some of their most useful resources. You should read it now! And bookmark it for later. You’re going to need it! Once you have your acceptance letter from a recognized post-secondary educational institution, you’ll be ready to apply for your study permit. For students under 18 years old, a parent or guardian must submit an application for them using Form IMM 5709E (pdf) Application for Study Permit or Temporary Resident Visa — Minors Going Abroad.

3) Applying for and getting a visa


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.